|
| picture of here |
other day someone asked me again at work, why my e-mail address is "blackeyed": "You've got no black eyes!" No, they are actually blue and set up the mail account, I'm not at my eye color.
far as I know, translates to "blackeyed" not with "black eyes" and the term is rather for the "Violet" which remains after a punch in the face. In German, one speaks then of a "black eye", which I think is kinda cute. So much for theory.
reason for titling a song was, of course. Placebo played in 1999 (then my absolute favorite band) on the Highfield Festival for the first time the pieces of her until many months later appearing album "Black Market Music". Only several weeks later, I was really high from the concert, especially the catchy tune was the "Broken Home" text does not let me go. are
since been over 10 years, but the lyrics I'm still heart:
I was never faithful And I was never one
to trust
Borderlining
schizo And guaranteed to cause a fuss
I was never loyal Except
to my own pleasure zone I'm forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home I was never faithful
And I was never one to trust Borderline bipolar
Forever biting on your nuts I was never grateful
That's why I spend my days alone I'm forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home Black-eyed
to trust
Borderlining
schizo And guaranteed to cause a fuss
I was never loyal Except
to my own pleasure zone I'm forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home I was never faithful
And I was never one to trust Borderline bipolar
Forever biting on your nuts I was never grateful
That's why I spend my days alone I'm forever black-eyed
A product of a broken home Black-eyed
Although the term "broken home" is with me on some kind of ban list, I feel in the song nothing of the embarrassment as I often come in various screamo bands from America. Brian Molko never complains about his "bad childhood". He risks a self-deprecating look and this proves the ability to reflect his hurtful behavior. In a magic moment the song tells me that out of negative things can be positive (although the do not give of the text, is determined on the happy music). It is once again came with a black eye.
All I have told the questioner, of course not, but always bothered my eyes laughed wobbles.
Because the video for "Black-Eyed" is not exactly the best thing is, I've entered the unreleased song "Little Mo". Which was then played at the festival and has appeared to my great regret, only one Anniversary compilation of Visions magazine. To the music band photos you see in the wonderfully colorful 90s-style queer. Bad-Eyed.
0 comments:
Post a Comment