Belle and Sebastian
Belle and Sebastian are among the most extraordinary bands of the last 15 years. Her current CD "Write about love" is a nearly perfect pop album made with a music that has its roots in an almost chamber-music folk-pop. The video posted documents the last wonderful song of the album "The Life Pursuit" of 2006. The band leader and composer Stuart Murdoch is a Christian. In an interview (Music Express 2 / 2006, p. 27) report from the weekly participation in worship, the importance of prayer for him and then he runs.
"I was very ill for many years ... I had to stop working, stop the university, everything was in this way from 1989 until the band (early 1996) came together pretty much the entire seven years I was sick that was the greatest, überwältigenste what ever happened to me clear.... if your whole world upside down. And in that situation you are thinking that you had not before. About spiritual things.
What is the God whom you imagine? Hm. I do not know, I just feel that there is something behind all the everyday. I like daydreaming. For these daydreams are all the songs and ideas and good feelings. And I have the feeling that is the same place where another, larger spirit dwells. "
0 comments:
Post a Comment